Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's 48 outside and the heat in the apartment...well I can't really feel it. I have a cold. My nose is red and raw. I keep blowing it and feel like I am going to need to put Vaseline on it soon. I have been going to work with my already sick kids. I probably caught something from them. I can't sleep because I can't breathe through my nose and I don't want to have a sore throat in the morning. I end up sitting up with my head back against the wall. I'm not writing this for sympathy, just venting.

My students had their winter performance today. I love my job!I got just pleasure seeing them do their little dance that I choreographed and hear them sing winter songs with the rest of the 1st and 2nd graders. They blended right in. I am so proud of each and every one of them. It was so cute! The community room was packed. Some parents were even standing. The principal said to me that next year they will have to perform 2 days for parents. It was a success.

I had my 2 IEPs after school today. They went by quickly because they each had similar goals. After the meeting, and pretty much after speaking with my students parents, I KNOW I am in the right field. I am the kind of person that loves helping people now matter how much it takes from me. I enjoy seeing people happy. I don't need anything in return but when I here from a parent they see how much joy and how much their child has learned, it makes me so happy. I give parents hope that their child can function in society. That their kid does have a future. I know I am giving back to the educational system for my success at a NPS. If it wasn't for the NPS that I attended, I don't know if I would be teaching special education. I know I would be doing something with my life; dedicating it to helping others.

I just have to say it again and again, I am so lucky to have such a wonderful job, a wonderful husband, wonderful students and a wonderful school community.

No comments: